The indicator shall attempt to do the following:
- Look at a lower time-frame. E.g 5 minutes when on a 1-hour chart.
- Create a function to loop through through candles and make an assessment.
- If the candle it closed up, the will be categorized as buying . Conversely, if it closed down, the will be categorized as selling
- The function will then be passed to the security() function to run on a lower timeframe.
- All buying and selling from the lower time-frame shall be summed and displayed on the main chart.
This indicator will not give you genuine buying or selling . It simply follows the assumption that if price closed up, there must have been more buyers than sellers and if it closed down we assume the opposite.
In order to use this indicator, users will need to calculate how many lower time-frame bars are contained in the time-frame on the main chart. So for example, the default settings are configured for the indicator to be run on the 1H chart. As a result, we need to set the "Bars on Lower Timeframe" input to 12. This is because there are 12 x 5-minute bars in 60 minutes.
But dude, I love you work and I'd love to see more elements and fixes from. Thank you and keep it up.
This indicator was aimed at those without access to the proper volume profile tools TV provides and those interested in learning how to code in pine script (via the code tutorial on the site).
It quite clearly states "This indicator will not give you genuine buying or selling volume "
Read the description and you will see how it is calculated.