ZigZag+ is a simple tool that helps traders to clearly identify and differentiate between macro and internal market structure, to help you keep your bearings of where you are currently in the overall picture.
It is especially difficult to keep your bearings within the larger structural trend when trading the lower timeframes, where for example, a bearish structural trend on a lower timeframe may simply be a retracement of an overall bullish structural trend on a higher timeframe. This indicator primarily aims to help traders maintain awareness of where they are in relationship to the higher timeframe / 'macro' structural trend, and their most significant swing point highs and lows.
The features of this indicator include:
- 2x Zig Zag lines drawn automatically onto your chart. One which has a longer length than the other, which can be used to help identify and differentiate the larger price swings from the smaller price swings found within it. Enabled by default.
- Customisable Zig Zag line color & width settings to help clearly differentiate the higher timeframe 'macro structure' apart from the lower timeframe 'internal structure' within it, enabling it to be tailored to suit your chart colour theme and personal preference.
- Customisable individual length settings for the 2x Zig Zag lines, to allow the fine tuning of each line to any timeframe and asset. By default one lines length is set to a higher value than the other, to illustrate a macro structure (higher length value) as well as the 'internal structure' (lower value length), seen within the larger macro structure.
- Up to a maximum of 500 lines can be drawn meaning you can zoom out considerably, and view historical price action with both Zig Zag lines continuing to print.
- Custom alerts for identifying candlesticks that can offer optimal entries where they are found within valid price markups or markdowns that are already underway. Further details can be found within the tooltips for these signals.
Note: The above list of features are accurate at the time of publishing, but may be updated or added to in future.
Understanding structure is arguably the foundation of all trading strategies, and therefore very important to understand where you are exactly in the bigger picture, since it can help identify levels at which there is a higher probability of price moving either upward or downward at a given point. Structural trend refers to the typical way that price tends to move in any given trending market, identified by the continuation of higher highs and higher lows in a typical bullish trending market, and lower highs and lower lows in a bearish trending market.
During other times price may not be trending in this way, for example when it is undergoing accumulation or distribution phases, where the consistent higher high & lower low / lower high and lower low patterns will not be evident.
What is Macro Structure?
Macro trend structure refers to the structural trend seen on higher timeframe charts.
What is Internal Structure?
Internal trend structure refers to the structural trend seen on lower timeframe charts, which is found within the higher timeframe structure.
Disclaimer: This indicator is adapted from an original script authored by Tr0sT. With special thanks.
قام مؤلف هذا النص البرمجي بنشره وجعله مفتوح المصدر، بحيث يمكن للمتداولين فهمه والتحقق منه، وهو الأمر الذي يدخل ضمن قيم TradingView. تحياتنا للمؤلف! يمكنك استخدامه مجانًا، ولكن إعادة استخدام هذا الكود في منشور تحكمه قواعد الموقع. يمكنك جعله مفضلاً لاستخدامه على الرسم البياني.
لا يُقصد بالمعلومات والمنشورات أن تكون، أو تشكل، أي نصيحة مالية أو استثمارية أو تجارية أو أنواع أخرى من النصائح أو التوصيات المقدمة أو المعتمدة من TradingView. اقرأ المزيد في شروط الاستخدام.